DBIM was granted the long-term lease of the terminal from the State government in 2001, at which time the operations and maintenance of the terminal were contracted to Dalrymple Bay Coal Terminal Pty Ltd (DBCT P/L, the Operator).
DBCT P/L is owned by a majority of the terminal’s customers, ensuring a strong alignment of interests and a strong incentive to ensure the facility continues to be efficiently operated and well maintained.
This arrangement also allows for 100% of operating and maintenance costs incurred to be passed through to the customers of the terminal. This operating and recharging structure is supported by the QCA.
DBIM shares a strategic intent with the Operator as outlined below:
- Safety and Environment: Leadership in Health, Safety and Environmental performance
- Operating and Maintenance Contract Compliance: Effective management and review of the OMC to meet the current and future requirements of DBT
- Operating Performance and Cost Management: Maximise terminal capability safely and efficiently, consistent with achieving optimal service levels
- Organisational Effectiveness: Build and sustain a world leading terminal workforce
- Stakeholder Relationships: Engage stakeholders to enhance terminal and coal chain efficiency
- Expansion: Achieve sustained growth, through the successful integration of expansion activities into normal business
DBT Terminal Regulations
Click here to download the Terminal Regulations for DBCT.